In 2019 we created the Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship. Its primary objective is to encourage Native Hawaiians to pursue careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
The Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship is recurring in nature. In other words, recipients receive $1,000 per year until they graduate.
Last year we awarded nine recipients, triple what we did in 2020 when we awarded three recipients.
This year, I am pleased to announce we awarded eight new recipients.
As a recap, we now have a total of 21 active scholarship recipients.
2022 Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship recipients
Without further ado, here are the 2022 Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship recipients:
- Kapaeloa Aki: Brigham Young University-Hawaii, Computer Science
- Dylan Dinio: Northeastern University, Computer Science and Game Design
- Montana Lagat: Stanford University, Chemical Engineering
- Taylor Moniz: Columbia University, Neuroscience
- Bryan Pontanilla: Portland State University, Architecture
- Allena Villanueva: University of Southern California, Computer Science
- Harlee Wong: Chaminade University, Forensic Science
- Shaley Yoshizu: Penn State University-Harrisburg, Micro/Human Biology
Kapaeloa is attending Brigham Young University-Hawaii. She intends to major in Computer Science.
Kapaeloa is a graduate of Kamehameha Schools Hawaii.
Dylan is attending Northeastern University. He plans to major in Computer Science and Game Design.
Dylan is a graduate of Iolani School.
Montana is attending Stanford University. She plans to major in Chemical Engineering.
Montana is a graduate of Kamehameha Schools Hawaii.
Taylor is enrolled at Columbia University. She is majoring in Neuroscience.
Taylor is a graduate of Kamehameha Schools Kapalama.
Bryan will be attending Portland State University. He plans to major in Architecture.
Bryan is a graduate of Maui High School.
Allena is attending the University of Southern California. She intends to pursue Computer Science as her major.
Allena is a graduate of Punahou Schools.
Harlee is attending Chaminade University. She plans to major in Forensic Science.
Harlee is a graduate of Kapolei High School.
Shaley is attending Penn State University-Harrisburg. She plans to major in Microbiology or Human Biology.
Shaley is a graduate of Kamehameha Schools Kapalama.