Organic Content & SEO Specialist Bernard Huang signs an autograph while Takeshi Young of Optimizely welcomes us.
- I went to my first SEO meetup of the year at Optimizely.
- Lem Park, co-founder of BrightEdge, gave a impassioned presentation on why he believes SERP is your new homepage in 2018.
- I love going to meetups like these where I learn a lot and the vibe is welcoming and chill.
Thanks to a LinkedIn post from my friend and Paubox NPS 11 promoter Bernard Huang (Clearscope co-founder), I attended my first SEO meetup of 2018.
After signing in, I quickly located the heart of any self respecting Silicon Valley meetup: The obligatory pizza, beer and wine station. After scarfing down my meetup dinner (free pizza), I struck up a conversation with Jeff Chen via an intro from Bernard. I am certainly looking forward to implementing his creative content suggestions.
Yet before I could download a third slice of free pizza onto my paper plate, the meetup kicked off.
I learned a lot and am looking forward to attending the next BayAreaSearch meetup.
My favorite Lem Park quote of the night: “I like to nerd out” (hell yeah)
My key takeaway slide from Lem Park: Defend. Optimize. Create. Collaborate.
Micah Fisher-Kirshner is fired up for BayAreaSearch in 2018.
It was a rainy afternoon in San Francisco.
BayAreaSearch is a new association of Bay Area Search Marketing Professionals.
BayAreaSearch’s goals are:
- Provide members with networking opportunities with other like-minded SEO pros
- Promote education of SEO amongst its members and the Bay Area business community
- Facilitate recruiting (it’s hard to find good SEOs!)