We are pleased to announce that Julie Haney and Andrew Hicks will be co-speakers at our upcoming virtual conference, Paubox SECURE @ Home, taking place on October 21–22.
Given the current work environment and the COVID-19 pandemic, their chosen topic of usable security is especially relevant today.
About Julie Haney
Haney is a computer scientist and lead for the Visualization and Usability Group at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Previously she worked for 20 years at the Department of Defense as a security professional and technical leader.
NIST is a physical sciences laboratory that promotes U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness.
Haney and the Usable Cybersecurity team research human aspects of cybersecurity and privacy, as well as the usability and adoption of security solutions.
The goal is to provide actionable guidance on utilizing cybersecurity that protects while allowing users to work uninterrupted.
About Andrew Hicks
HITRUST (or Health Information Trust Alliance) helps organizations in all sectors—particularly healthcare—with compliance and risk management. It offers a framework that incorporates necessary standards and regulations with secure, functional cybersecurity.
RELATED: What is HITRUST CSF Certification?
Frazier & Deeter is an accounting and advisory firm as well as a HITRUST assessor.
With almost two decades of experience, Hicks specializes in helping organizations to adopt, implement, and manage information security programs. Especially in regards to HITRUST, HIPAA, risk management, and SOC examination procedures.
Haney and Hicks will be co-speakers at Paubox SECURE, presenting on the topic of “Usable Security: A Human-Centric Approach to Security.”
Usable security and Paubox SECURE
Usable security is the intersection of or link between cybersecurity, human factors, and human-computer interaction. In fact, recent research for usable security has focused on:
- Portable/smart devices or Internet of Things (IoT)
- Security adoption
- User security
- Privacy perceptions and behaviors
The idea is to improve cybersecurity usability and to positively influence cybersecurity standards and guidelines, which is why the need for usable security and compliance go hand-in-hand.
Compliance cannot just be about hitting the marks and meeting regulation requirements; the utilized cybersecurity must also be practical.
Exploring this topic at Paubox SECURE will help organizations to better understand new technologies, mindsets regarding security, and usable, regulatory compliant cybersecurity.
About Paubox SECURE @ Home
Paubox SECURE @ Home is a virtual healthcare cybersecurity and innovation conference, bringing together industry leaders in a unique event to drive learning and discussion around the challenges of driving innovation in healthcare while keeping data secure.
We will present valuable panel discussions with industry leaders, breakout community sessions on hot topics, and unlimited virtual networking opportunities so you can build relationships beyond the conference.
Paubox SECURE is focused on generating relevant and meaningful content, discussions, and networking—not giving you a sales pitch.
Keynote speakers include:
- Kelvin Coleman, Executive Director of National Cyber Security Alliance
- Jeremiah Grossman, CEO, BitDiscovery
- Kurt Hagerman, Principal Cloud Security Advisor at Oracle
- Paddy Padmanabhan, CEO at Damo Consulting Inc.
- James Plouffe, Partner Solutions Architect at AttackIQ
- Hector Rodriguez, Healthcare Industry Executive Director at Oracle
- Bruce Snell, Global VP Security Strategy & Transformation at NTT Security, co-host of the award-winning podcast “Hackable?”
Other speakers include:
- Melissa Bendana, Information Security and Risk Management, BlueShield of CA
- Marc Haskelson, President and CEO, Compliancy Group
- Cathlynn Nigh, CEO, Beyond LLC
- Carrie Nixon, Managing Partner, Nixon Law Group
- Michael Parisi, VP of Assurance Strategy & Community Development, HITRUST
- Dave Ledoux, VP of Technology Services, Nizhoni Health
You can attend all live sessions and 1-on-1 networking for free. With premium access, you will receive session recordings, be able to join breakout discussion groups, participate in giveaways, and enjoy other benefits to be announced soon!