Today’s Paubox Weekly is 333 words – a 2 minute read.
Want to get this type of content delivered to your inbox every Friday? Subscribe to Paubox Weekly. To subscribe, enter your email address at the very bottom of this page.
1. Paubox renews HITRUST r2 certification to 2025
Paubox solutions have once again earned HITRUST certification for information security for another two year period.
The big picture: The HITRUST certification is the gold standard for HIPAA compliance in U.S. healthcare.
80% of U.S. hospitals leverage the HITRUST Approach
2. What hackers really do with stolen patient data
There were over 707 healthcare data breaches last year of 500 or more records.
That’s an average of two breaches per day.
Why it matters: Medical records and patient data can be used to commit multiple crimes.
How hackers make money from medical records
3. Five recent hacks of mental health patient information
Hacks of therapy and mental health patient information is prevalent due to the value of the data on the dark web.
What they’re saying: The head of Finland’s digital services agency said the cyberattack could have been avoided if they had used better encryption.
4. Meet us at ViVE Nashville
Come visit our booth at ViVE Nashville later this month (March 26-29).
What’s happening: For the second straight year, we’ll have a booth at the ViVE conference.
- When: March 26-29
- Where: Music City Center (Nashville, TN)
- Who: Leading digital health and healthcare technology executives
5. Six PHI pitfalls that put HIPAA compliance at risk
These 6 PHI pitfalls are avoidable with a bit of thought and care.
Why it matters: You probably won’t end up on the OCR’s “Wall of Shame,” but breaches create a loss of trust and can impact treatment.
- Our inaugural Customer Advisory Board meeting. Link
- Paubox included in Iconiq Capital’s Essential Tech Stack. Link
- How to measure the success of your patient email campaigns. Link
- 9 ways to securely store and share patient therapy notes. Link
- Can Zoom be used for teletherapy? Link
- Are we sure Opsgenie is HIPAA compliant? Link
Get featured on Paubox
Do you have strong opinions about the healthcare industry? Do you have ideas other healthcare professionals will find interesting?
Email us and let’s talk about it.