Splash CEO Ben Hindman: “There are some panels that are fluff. This is not fluff.”
I arrived early to Studio D to get a decent seat for Wildly Profitable Events. I do think SaaStr Annual needs to have more seats in each room.
Splash CEO Ben Hindman was fired up for the panel, which in turn got me fired up. Enthusiasm is contagious!
The panel was made up of:
- Ben Hindman, Co-Founder & CEO – Splash
- Myles Kleeger, President & CRO – Braze (formerly Appboy)
- Vivek Sharma, Founder & CEO – Movable Ink
Here are my takeaways from Wildly Profitable Events:
- What is the “Opportunity in the Room?”
- Events accelerate the sales cycle.
- Timing is everything in Events.
- Vivek: ABM (Account Based Marketing) approach works well in enterprise sales.
- Vivek: They took their show on the road. Doing 26 events this year.
- Myles: Be fast on the follow up after the event. After 30 days, likelihood of a close plummets.
- Make the event experience memorable.
- Vivek: Events are #1 component of their marketing program.
29X ROI from a Road Show to 14 cities.
70X return from an exclusive client dinner.
19X return from an Annual Summit.
The Braze formula for measuring Event success.
I ran into Shippo CEO Laura Behrens Wu beforehand. She was on an earlier panel. She’s a rockstar.
— Hoala Greevy (@HoalaGreevy) February 7, 2018
About SaaStr Annual
SaaStr Annual is the largest non-vendor confab in the world, uniting the global B2B SaaS community both online and off. SaaStr Annual aims to help everyone scale faster and with less stress.
In 2018, over 10,000 Founders, Senior Executives, and VCs will come together over three action-packed days of high-quality networking, learning from those who’ve done it, and of course, great food, generously-poured drinks, and plenty of fun.