For customers who use Paubox Email Suite, there’s a secret bonus integration already built in, HIPAA compliant calendar invites.
A secure calendar invite safeguards the information within it and the privacy and security of event attendees.
When it comes to a HIPAA compliant calendar invite, here’s some things to keep in mind:
- Encrypted transmission. The calendar invite should be encrypted in transit so that the details of the event, including the location, date, and time, are protected from unauthorized access.
- Encrypted at rest. Make sure your calendar provider encrypts your calendar data at rest.
- Business associate agreement. Make sure your calendar provider and email encryption provider sign a BAA with your organization. We’ve previously written how you get a BAA signed with either Microsoft or Google.
Overall, a secure calendar invite should provide a high level of protection of event details, invitees, and an assurance only authorized individuals have access to the information.
How am I saving $45 a month with Paubox secure calendar invites?
We searched the internet and the closest thing we could find in functionality is called Squarespace Scheduling.
In order to be HIPAA compliant however, Squarespace requires an upgrade to the Squarespace Scheduling Powerhouse plan, which will set you back $45 a month.
See also: Does Squarespace offer HIPAA compliant web hosting?
How do I setup my secure calendar invites?
Here’s how to setup secure, HIPAA compliant calendar invites via Paubox:
- Once you connect Paubox Email Suite to Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, or Microsoft Exchange, your calendar invites from each respective platform will use Paubox to securely email the invite to your recipients.
- In other words, you can personalize the calendar invite (e.g., use PHI) and be HIPAA compliant.
- Make sure you have a business associate agreement if your email service provider is based in the cloud. If you run Microsoft Exchange on hardware you own, a BAA is not necessary with Microsoft in this scenario.
In other words, there’s no additional setup involved, other than the normal steps for getting Paubox Email Suite configured.