In December I took some time off to get back in the water. I hadn’t gone kayak fishing in about six months, which is a long time in my book. So I packed up my truck and drove south from SF to San Diego, with a stop in Bakersfield to visit family during Christmas.
During my time on the water, I reflected on 2016 and pondered things to come in 2017.
Looking Back on 2016
- 2016 was a key year for us.
- We doubled our team and participated in Batch 18 of 500 Startups.
- We grew our revenue base by 8X.
- Record HIPAA fines were levied, further validating our HIPAA strategy.
- We made the internet great again at HIMSS16.
- We gave away 500 spam musubis on Market Street.
- We gave away 500 kalua pig and rice bowls in the Mission District.
Looking Ahead to 2017
- The prevalence of successful ransomware attacks in 2016 provides a strong signal such attacks will continue in 2017.
- Large HIPAA Fines likely to continue.
- Trump Presidency may repeal ACA (Obama Care) but HIPAA is here to stay.
- Market demand for HIPAA Compliant Email to remain strong.